Tuesday 22 May 2007

Paris in Vienna


Martha Srna Modlitby" *
Naglergasse 1-3

Carol, the artist who "Paints Parisian Dreams" *,
says there are
little white dogs, des petits chiens blancs, *
everywhere, in Paris!


Hermes Boutique *
Am Graben 22


Le Parfum *
Petersplatz 3.
I was too much in a hurry
to check out the Annick Goutal * parfums they carry,
I had to get before closing time to Agent Provcateur *
Tuchlauben 14


Books and roses
Weihburggasse
Très sophistiqué!


"Martha Srna Modlitby" *
Naglergasse * 1-3
I am smitten every time I walk by Srna's stores,
exquisite antique jewelry, paintings, furniture,
and everything arranged so elegantly.
Even the flower pots outside make me smile.


Delphine, of La Fille du Consul, *
generously allowed me to use
her beautiful photograph of these upside-down flowers
she found in a Parisian shop window.
Merci, Delphine!


Schokolade König
Freisingergasse 1
(Only steps away from Hermes!)
Vienna comforts you with candied violets.
Any time you start dreaming of Paris,
you are allowed to go pick a violet right of the tree.

* Clicking on any of the underlined words with asterisk will lead you to the respective websites.

For more pictures of "Schokoladen König" click here, please.

May there always be Paris!

12 comments:

  1. Oooh, the violets wouldn't last long on my tree during the Paris Opéra Ballet season! The Palais Garnier is one of my favourite places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally totally love this post....but you knew I would...THANK YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those lilac flowers in the outdoor pots are absolutely beautiful, Merisi. You have an eye for discovering beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MAALIE:
    Well, here in Vienna they do last, believe me. ;-)

    GYPSY PURPLE:
    I am so glad you like it! :-)
    It took me a while to get it up, and I'd like to Delphine once more for giving me the idea to do it. Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CREAM:
    Thank you, Cream. Vienna's doing her part, I must point out.
    So much so, that I left the camera at home this morning, to make sure I didn't loose precious time shooting around. Vienna ís that enticing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos...I especially like Delphines Upside down flowers.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh your pictures are always so gorgeous. You always find beauty in every little thing.

    Keep clicking & keep posting. :)

    BTW, do you know I have one more blog just to narrate the experiences of the places I've visited ?
    Do check here http://cuculuss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome, Merisi, Thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that upside down flower pic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gemma
    Delphine has captured a really nice image, and I am proud she's sharing it here with us.

    Thank you, CUCKOO!
    I put here a live link to your travelblog, thank you!

    Delphine R2M:
    You are so welcome!

    Maryam in Marrakesh:
    As I already said, it was indeed Delphine's gorgeous picture that made me think of Paris in Vienna.

    Debbie Egizio:
    Welcome, and thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. MERCI Merisi!
    PLEASE show me Vienna's little white doggies..
    I be there's a ton of them.
    I'd be interested in any dogs for that matter.
    What's the local hound of choice?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to be able to afford most of the things in Hermes. They do such a great job of designing. I do have a bottle of their perfume which is very nice but I sure would like some of their bags and that china.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.