Monday 29 June 2009

Chance of Scattered Showers!


Summer Storm Clouds
threatening over Michaelerplatz
Michaelertor
St. Michael's Gate

Down came the rain
St. Michael's Wing of the Imperial Winter Palace
(Hofburg)

And horse and carriage
got wet

Baby carriage
also

Attempting a quick escape?

Yes, Virginia,
The sun is shining
Right around the corner!

Rain ahead,
Sun in the back?

Another daring escape

Blue Bayou
I'm coming back some day, come what may
To Blue Bayou ...
Or is he calling St. Peter?

Still raining
Giving waiting at the Blue Bayou ATM
A whole new meaning

Hoping
that the pants stay dry?

Raindrops
Keep falling,
Keep falling ...

Bikers
More quick escapes ...

...... and ......

... waiting!

Singing
In the rain

Oh, can you see?
Rain Fashion Parade

Out comes the sun
And dries up all the rain ...
Hopefully!

Photographed by Merisi
in August 2007,
but the weather was exactly
the same yesterday!

13 comments:

  1. Just like The Third Man with those wet gleaming cobbles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You capture the atmosphere of a soggy capital very expertly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. St. Michael's in the rain--a very familiar sight to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous. My favs are the first 2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first one is beautiful. I love the complexity and subtlety of clouds. I also really like the ones of bikes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! Missing you!!! Love to you ~Janine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Down came the rain and washed the spider out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eighteen beautiful and very enjoyable pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 18, Pietro?
    I had to count them, to believe it.
    *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I'm glad you came over and then I discovered your blog!

    We are experiencing rains here in Toronto, as well. We were in Vienna around this time in 2004. We had sunshine all week long! And hey, I remember that bank!!! Isn't that close to the Kohl Markt area, just by the entrance to the royal gounds?

    By the way, Happy Birthday to your daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol that's what I got today, another rainy afternoon. I'm rather getting tired of it, June has been a rather rainy month here.


    www.thequietone.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just exquisite captures Merisi...the pavement lends itself to the most magical wet weather shots. You have caught so much of human reastion and character in your photos. I wish you could mount them in an exhibitin. I love the baby carriage, but there are so many more that warrant special mention. I am awed by your perceptive photo-vision!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely set of photographs especially of the glistening tiles. St. Michael's Gate is superb!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note.